Meet our July Mom of the Month....JESSICA BURNS!
1. Hometown and where you currently live
Watford City, ND
Currently reside in Poulsbo, WA
2. Stroller Strides member since February 2016.
3.Education - B.A. Psychology/Addiction Counseling (Jamestown College)
Master's in Teaching K-8 certification (City University)
Past: Private Nanny/Household Manager for several families in Samammish, Redmond, and Bainbridge.
Current: Web Administrator for Kickee Pants (love, love, love my job!)
5. Childhood Ambition
When I was younger I loved taking care of children and envisioned becoming a Pediatric Nurse. Maybe I will take up the course-work again, when life settles down a bit! Ha!
6. Furthest you've been from home
7. What has Stroller Strides done for you?
I tried out Stroller Strides for a couple of different reasons: 1. I needed a place where I would feel comfortable working out and preferred not using a gym-like setting. 2. A little over a year ago my husband and I made a promise that we would become healthier for our family. As a result I lost nearly 40 lbs and found my old, active self again. Life took a major turn for us and some of the weight started coming back on and my desire to stay healthy went on the back-burner. Pounds started to creep up and it was decided, enough was enough. I saw a post("Here's your sign") from Haley, and my life is forever changed! : )
(Thank you Haley!)
8. What has Stroller Strides done for me?:
1. Increased my confidence.
2. A sense of community with the other Moms in the group.
3. Continues determination to be successful in my fitness journey.
4. Love of coming to class and getting on a good sweat each day!
9. Favorite Exercise
I really like the 'wall-sit' but also anything that works the chest as well(rows, push-ups, etc.)
10. Three (3) of your favorite things (besides family)
Travel to sunny destinations
And the beautiful Pacific Northwest
11. Your hobbies (besides Stroller Strides of course)
Cooking/baking, Fishing, Golfing (pre-pregnancy), hiking, and mountain biking (pre-pregnancy)
12. Favorite Movie or TV show
Any thing from the 80's: Breakfast Club, 16 Candles, etc.
13. Tell us something about yourself that would surprise us.
My husband and I met online on some sort of dating site (kiss.com maybe?). On our first date we met at the Target parking lot and went to FYE music store (when CDs were still in existence) and ate at Azteca in Silverdale. Romantic, I know. We've now been together 14 years and married for 4 of them!